Sunday, January 10, 2010

O! So wots occuring?

Happy new year.

We had a great Christmas with Ma and Pa and Viv and Dave and all the girls, Georgia, Carys, Daisy and Lola. It was always going to be an emotional day and it was but there was no walking out or me being odd, no more than usual anyhow!

Wend and I woke up first on Christmas day morning, age and the male bladder is not a good mix. Wendy was just excited, a few loud coughs and some giggling (from us) and down the girls came. A bit bleary eyed but the eyes told the story of excitement and anticipation. Has he been? Did he leave anything......?

It's been the same since George could walk, I'd go downstairs and check and then call them down. An embarrassment of riches awaited them, no coal for either of them, they're excellent kids and enjoy the little things that santa brings. There's as much excitement about a journal or a note pad as they are about their one big present. Georgia had a micro Scalextric and Carys, true to form a Barbie house.

We had a lovely time at mum and dad's, family and food, gifts and gratitude.




Food and family

For new years we traveled to Wales. Due to the weather forecast being snow and more snow we used the motorways. I have a deep felt gratitude that I'm not driving up and down the country day in day out like some poor fools.

The next couple of days were spent eating, drinking, watching Gavin and Stacey and being merry. Last year on new years day Jacob and I survived the sea for charity, this year I wanted to do it again. Standing on the beach surrounded by like minded nutters was an experience I'll not forget and I will one day do again. This year was not to be, I wanted to but I heeded the words of Belinda, don't put Wendy through more stress than she's already going through. When you're fit and healthy yes, do it again but your body has to repair itself after the treatment's it's been through.

She was right, I live my life the way I want to and that includes not causing pain or suffering to my loved ones, except for the odd noxious gas that may escape sometimes.

It was an emotional time, Jason's dad has just started chemo for a Hodgkins Lymphoma and so it was with mixed emotions that we went round to see them. It's a weird situation to be in, you don't want to raise or dash hopes but I never want to gloss over something. All the way through MY journey it's been MY journey and I told Val and Geoff that this had to be Geoff's journey but my experiences were this that and the other. That way I felt true to myself but I could answer their questions, Wend remembered more than me and so was able to answer some questions. She also helped Val as Wend was my carer Val would be caring for Geoff so it's a far different perspective to look at.

It was also tiring, I did more and slept less than I have for months and it took it out of me by the end I was knackered. But that's not how I remember it, below is how I remember it, with the exception of the beer and curry that aren't shown!


Beautiful start number 1. Bring on 2010.



A beautiful start number 2.


Not quite a sponsored swim, it was warmer this year too!



When you get a surf board for Christmas it'd be rude no to use it!
1st Jan 2010......



What a difference 24hours makes!



George going forwards for once!



It's a style thing!



Anita laughing at Carys, Carys laughing at falling off, again.


An oofing big snowman and my first bike ride of 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment