- Another CT scan after the sixth treatment.
- If more shrinkage is apparent then I'll have the full eight sessions.
- If no more shrinkage then I'll have another PET scan which will show if the cancer is dead or alive.
- If dead (the cancer not me!) then yippee party on, but with three monthly clinics sessions for the first year and four monthly for the second year as there is an increased risk of it returning in the first two years.
- If not dead then I'll start on radio therapy the details of which I don't know yet, to be honest I don't want to know them either!
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
My (fur) balls are shrinking
Yes you read correctly I now have two furballs. Well technically I've always had two, just that they were squashed together and looked like one on all the scans! (Imagine two balloons inflated so they squash together, then deflate both bit by bit but don't move them).
So by the fact that we can see two means there has been shrinkage. One has shrunk by approximately 30 percent and the other by approximately 40 percent. Yippee.
I went today wanting shrinkage or some sort. I got it. I feel emotionally drained by it now though. Don't know why but just feel kind of flat.
Anyhow the future goes something like this:
I'll get there, we'll get there, when I'm not sure but we will and we'll continue to get on with life because it's well worth living.
Thank you for all the support so far to everyone and even the smallest thing like sending me a text or email gives me a lift. Sometimes a very welcome experience! I'm very lucky to know some very wonderful people.